Friday, April 13, 2007

Facebook, Canines, and Work

Oh dear lord, the people on this site! Has anyone else been adding people from their past non-stop? Like, people you forgot about that are jumping out of the woodwork? Talk about networking! And you get to find out what people are doing now... people you went to elementary school with are suddenly all grown up! Even teachers are showing up... ah, Mrs. Clare.

I watched an interesting news bit on 20/20 tonight about a man who literally raised and lived in a pack of wolves. From years of study he learned their language, their way of life, and raised three pups as such. He even ate with them. Yeah, animal carcass. Yum. How interesting would that be? To be so close to these animals, to learn like that? Crazy, but brilliant. Talk about dedication!

I'm having a relaxing week in Kingston, and I'm studying for Kiddie Lit as well. I'm too worried about the exam... I just want school to be over with! The stress of taking an exam just drives me insane. Thank goodness for theatre. We just showed up, handed him our projects, and left. That was it. Then we all went to The Wall after and played some pool. It was a nice farewell. And, again, we're all relying on Facebook to keep in touch.

I went to an animal shelter today. There was a one year old rottie there who was just adorable. The poor thing had his tail crop, and he was just so sweet. Big, lol, he jumped up and could put his paws over my shoulders. He was just wonderful. We're looking for a dog to get my step-grandma, as she's pretty lonely since Bar died. So, next weekend my mom is taking her to the Toronto Humane Society with the hopes of finding one. If not, we might come back to the Kingston one to find a dog. Either way, it makes me want to graduate from school faster. I've promised myself a dog once I graduate and get a job/my own apartment, whether that be here or in New Zealand. I haven't gone without a dog in 13 years... so I'm getting a bit anxious. Ha! Oh well, it'll make me work harder next year, I think.

I'm applying to jobs still. Banks, the government, and Chapters. I applied to Chapters because I figure I could really use the discount, if there is one. I'm also back at the LCBO for the summer. It seems things have changed a bit there, new people and such. But, Sharon, Jimmy, Paul, Derek, and Gina are all still there, so it's all good.

So, what are you doing work-wise for the summer/after graduation?

No comments: