Monday, April 09, 2007

Neighbours

I'm in Toronto right now, heading back up North tomorrow morning or afternoon: I'm unsure as to which bus because my dad has yet to make up his mind. I had a good Easter. Lots of food, lots of family... and my mother tried to kill me. Again. She gave me some bacon. It turned out to be turkey bacon. Yeah.

It's a strange time right now. I have a job back at the LCBO, but I'm also looking for full-time work. I want a job in an office or something... but I honestly think I would enjoy working in a bookstore a lot better. I mean, I'd be surrounded by books for nine months (not to mention the discounts) and I honestly think I would love it. but, I'm trying to save up for New Zealand. Could I get full-time? Probably not. And the pay wouldn't be that great. But, I guess it's down to whatever I can get, right? It just sucks, this... well, someone said that the university degree is the new high school degree. How does that help with jobs?

In other news, I had a bit of excitement today. I was leaving my grandma's house and walking down the driveway, when I hear my name being called. I turn around and my grandma's next door neighbour is poking her head out the door. she tells me to not go anywhere because she has my cd for me. I am completely clueless. I never asked her (or her husband) for a cd. for those of you who know me, you know the neighbours I'm talking about... and what band the husband is the drummer for.

Anyways, I look at my grandma and she's shaking her head going "No, no... it was supposed to be for her birthday!" A second later, the husband came outside and handed me a complete signed American version of the cd by all the band members. I was in shock... and it even has my name on it! He talked with myself and my grandma for ten minutes, before getting cold and having to go inside. He's going on tour next month, but he said he'll be back for the summer. I'm not going to say too much on here because a) it's the internet, and he and his family deserve peace, and b) because my grandma has already had to chase off a group of teenagers that came looking for him up the driveway.

So, now I'm in possesion of a complete signed cd, autographed to me, and I love it. thank goodness for grandmothers!

So now I have to go and write my theatre take home exam. I am taking a bus up tomorrow JUST to go to the exam to sign a piece of paper, hand in my play, and leave. Waste of money, but... oh well.

So, how was your Easter?

1 comment:

J.D said...

If your grandmother lives next door to Tyler Stewart, I think I just might wet myself. But that'd be the ultimate in wishful thinking, wouldn't it. . . But hey, free swag from cool people is awesome no matter what.

We must hang out before you leave for good.

Oh, and yeah, Brian is heading down to actually look at the apartment. With that company, all 30 or so of their buildings are like that one, so we're hoping to rent from them. And then, you and everyone else must visit. And par-tay.