So, costume shopping, one great movie, a twelve hour D&D session, a broken-down car, and three straight hours of "Heroes" later, and you have one great weekend.
Friday was the first rehearsal for "A Balancing Act", and I just want to say that the cast for this play is amazing. We had so much fun during our first read through, including coming up with some fantastic quotes... and the idea for tee shirts! I think Ducky has got quite the year ahead for actor hijinks! Let the insanity begin!
After rehearsal, there was costume shopping that a bunch of us were going to Value Village to do. This bunch of people turned into just Lacey and I, but we had much fun in the process. I got a browncoat outfit, and Lacey has her... revealing... angel outfit. It's quite cool. We both dressed up to go show our friends at Shopper's Drugmart our finds. Lacey caused a few eyes to bulge out of their sockets that night! Hehehe...
We met up with Lacey (other one) and Heather and went and saw The Prestige: I've never seen a movie with so many plot twists and turns. Ever. Some are obvious, some not-so-much, but the movie has you enthralled the entire way through. I've been wanting to see this movie since I found out who the two leading actors were. These two have been long-time favourites of mine, and the fact that they are in a PERIOD-PIECE together is even better. Christian Bale has been my ideal guy and favourite actor since I saw "Newsies" 7 years ago, and Hugh Jackman is a wonderful, wonderful actor. Both are hot... and angry rivalries between two hot amazing actors is the best thing is the world. Scarlett Johansson is great as well. I have much respect for her, as she is the same age as me, and look where she is! In a movie with two of the best...
You get the point. Piper Perabo also makes a great appearance. I just wish she had gotten more out of her lead in Coyote Ugly. She deserves to be getting up there. And the actress who plays "Sarah" in the film... okay, I'm biased, but I love her as well.
The amazing Michael Caine put the icing on the cake... and so did David Bowie and Andy Serkis! There's just so much good about this movie, but I can't go into detail in fear of revealing the plot. Only know this: It's about two competing magicians, and the story switches back and forth in time. It's a mystery, a thriller, a historical drama, a period-piece, and sci-fi/fantasy all in one. I'm defiantly going to see it again so that I can pick up on all the small hints and clues that I missed the first time around. Wonderful, wonderful movie.
Go see it!
D&D was amazing. We played 12.5 hours straight. Yup, that's right, 12.5 hours of D&D... I think I lost my mind by the end. But it was much fun! And Akira always makes them amusing.
Today was a write off. I didn't feel like doing anything, so I'm doing the readings now... at 1:00am. I don't have class until the afternoon, so I'll get up and work on homework then. Tonight Lacey, Larking, Akira, and I all hung out and watched Heroes, then an episode. Poor Akira, his car broke down in Powassan, so he's taking the bus back tomorrow.
This television series Heroes is brand new, with a brand new episode every Monday night at 9:00. Watch it, you'll love it. Tomorrow is the 5th episode, but tonight they had a Heroes marathon on television, so we got to see all 4 episodes back-to-back. It's a great show, and I highly recommend it because it's about REALLY people with super powers. These people aren't perfect, they aren't super heroes, and they make mistakes... and it's fun. And you'll love Hiro. Everyone does.
I've got a good rant brewing, but I will save that for another post. I'm now going to read five Little Red Riding Hood stories.
Oh, and I'm very excited for Nanowrimo this year. More on that in another post...
2012 End of the Year Writing Wrap Up
13 years ago

3 comments:
So THAT's why Akira was still there... ;)
Hiro is ao awsome. He makes me giggle.
The angel outfit won't be as bad when I put a better black top on it (the one it came with was ment for someone less endowed than me)and get the actual wings. I think I'm going to go Tuesday after work. You should come!
12.5 hours of Arcanis was awsome, but I don't know if I'd do it again. Maybe an 8 hour limit should be enforced, especially in a space that small.
G'night darlin! See you tomorow, 9pm. Save the cheerleader, save the world...
Well, at least the car kicked it in Powassen, somewhere reasonabley close by, and not in, say, Huntsville. At that point, it's a bloody long cab ride/ tow either way.
And I agree wholeheartedly, The Prestige is a bloody good movie. I was 100% into it as soon as I saw Michael Caine, that's all I need. :D But I have to asked, where was Bowie? Now I am confused and must see it again.
Dude, Bowie was Tesla! You know, the guy who built the device?
Post a Comment