I have a bunch of little things to update you all on. My life at Nipissing has usually been plagued by some sort of drama or another, and this year is no different, but I've taken a step back. I'm on the sidelines for the most part, except for which I am able to speak my mind. I dare say that if anyone should attempt to stop me from speaking my peace, they will recieve the brunt end of my criticism.
Now, wasn't that happy?
Moving along, I just saw a cockroach scuttle across my floor. Needless to say the poor thing is in my garbage can, after having been bludgeoned to death with a rolled up copy of the new Hibou. I knew that thing would come in handy some how. The thing is, cockroaches are supposed to be able to live through a nuclear bomb... why was this one so easily tossed by a newspaper? Is playing dead part of their defence? Did I merely knock the damned thing unconcious? If so, I should be worried. He could kill me in my sleep.
And there could be more of them.
Now that I've completely creeped myself out, I'm going to move onto talking about things I will be involved with this year. Firstly, depending on what happens tomorrow evening, I may or may not be a techie for Students on Stage this year. I would like to stick with it for many reasons, including that it's just simply hard to let go. Yet, I must also accept that things must come to an end at some point... ah well, we shall see.
I also have an interview with Frontier College tomorrow, to volunteer for tutoring children in primary school... not that a fourteen-year-old is a child, but that is what Frontier College is calling them. Either way, it will give me something fun to do an hour a week, plus get me back into the habit of teaching again. The ask on the application if I will tutor math and/or science... now, I'm not particularily good at those two subjects, but I know enough to help with homework... I hope. Oh well, I'll enquire about it tomorrow at the interview, and see what they say.
This weekend was a much needed break, and a nice ease-in for the upcoming year. On Saturday a bunch of people came over and we all played D&D... well, they played D&D. Lacey and I ran around town for 2 hours looking for a Chinese food place that was open. Did you know that no Chinese restaurant in North Bay is open past noon on Saturdays? Since when did Chinese food places begin specializing in Saturday morning breakfast?! Yes, I am a bit bitter. We ended up getting Subway. And yes, we did eat fresh.
Anyways, last night I went out for dinner with Ian and Darren, then we all went to Ian's place and watched the first disk of the Firefly series. It was a great night, and it was a lot of fun catching up with those two. It's like nothing had changed... even so much has. It's been 3 years since we've all lived together. I feel rotten for not having been able to attend the campout this past summer... but then again, it would have been all couples there anyways. I would have liked to see everyone though. And now, I really want to see Lauren!
On Sunday I met up with three wonderful gals from my theatre class, and we organized our ritual project. It was so much fun, and quite a workout. I have to get Larkin to teach my to tie a sheet as a toga though, because I have no idea what I'm doing. I am the element of water, if that tells you anything.
Alas, I must talk about school in order for this post to be complete. I have two essays due next week, and have gotten a head start on both. I am enjoying all of my classes this year so far, a first I assure you. My favourite would have to be Jane Austen though because it's Jane Austen. And Pride and Prejudice. And Emma. And I just love it all so much!
This year is going to be a great year, school-wise. I just have a feeling.
I also have this feeling that a cockroach is going to kill me in my sleep. I feel gross now... I have never seen a cockroach in a place where I have lived before. Should I be worried? Is there an infestation?
*sigh* Wish me luck, I'm off to bed then up for my interview.
G'Night!
P.S. - AWSOME game fo D&D next weekend, and I'm running the show. Yee haw!
2012 End of the Year Writing Wrap Up
13 years ago

3 comments:
Frontier College, eh? Did you know that I was the one who started that program about 4ish years ago? Ah, memories...
I had no idea, really? Well it's still going strong... although the girl at the sign-up booth was saying this year had a really low turn out.
Nah, don't worry about the roach. If you live in a basement apartment, or in an old building, they're impossible to avoid. You can set up roach traps and whatnot, they work. Other than that, just don't leave any food/ dirty dishes around and they won't have anything to stick around for.
PS: Tell the Hibou staff what you used their paper for. It can be a whole new aspect of their marketing!
Post a Comment