Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Game.

Usually I don't succumb to these things, but my love of movies (and Larkin showing it to me) has made me want to participate. So, here it is:


Here's how we play:
A. Pick 16 movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes in your journal.
D. Have your friends try to guess what the movie is.
E. Place the guesser’s username directly after the quote.

1. "We're sorta like 7-11. We're not always doin' business, but we're always open."
2. "Damnit Sullivan, I don't believe it, we just knocked out a cougar with a K-Mart blow gun! "
3. "Well fuck that. I have seen what happens to the proud when then take on the throne. I'm goin' back to Wisconsin. "
4. "Damn the man."
5. "Today is a good day to die."
6. "Welcome to The Suck."
7. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
8. "I can't. I'm... not dating right now."
"What about tomorrow night? Will you be dating then?"
9. "Seems to me, Cap'n, this mission is a serious misallocation of valuable military resources. "
10. "Never fear, Brooklyn is here!"
11. "I'm gonna kill that motherfucker!"
12. "I made a new friend today."
"Real or imaginary?"
"Imaginary."
13. "Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."
14. "People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that shit which is not to be ignored, but what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not fucking stupid. At least, we're not that fucking stupid. "
15. "Bonnie and Clyde didn't work alone. Thelma and Louise didn't work alone. And they were the best. "
16. "What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night. "

I'm a sucker for indies, so there are plenty of them in there. Mainstream ones too, so it's not completely hopeless. ;)

Good luck! Leave your answers in the comments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Boondock Saints
2...
3.Dogma
4.Empire Records
5. Wrath of Khan?
6...
7...
8...
9. Serenity
...And that's all I got. Sorry hun!

-Sparky

Anonymous said...

1. Boondock Saints
2. The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys
3. Dogma
4.Empire Records
5. Flatliners (I thought it was Star Trek, seeing as that's a Klingon saying...)
6. Jarhead
7. The Princess Bride
8. Saved!
9.Saving Private Ryan (not to be confused with Saving Ryan's Privates...)
10.Newsies
11. Garden State (if it's the quote I'm thinking of...)
12. Donnie Darko
13. American History X
14. Trainspotting
15.The Professional
16. The Village

There. Now, will you update?? :)

*heart* Sparky