So, I have a few goals for this summer. It'll give me something to do outside of working for the LCBO and (possibly) the summer morning camp. I mean, I want to enjoy this summer. Last summer I worked 40+ hours a week and then went up to Barrie every weekend. It's a waste of money I think. If it weren't for Matt and Rachael, I probably wouldn't go up at all. There's no point. So, this summer I won't go up as much. I mean, I spent a lot of money last year... and all previous years on it, and it's not as fun as it used to be. Maybe it's time for me to move on from roleplaying. I mean, a oneshot BR game up here is nice once and a while, but maybe I just need to get away from the continuous rpg.
So, that was a bit off topic. My goals for this summer are...
- Work on my webpage. http://www.freewebs.com/arwyn for those who don't know.
- Read for the miniature bookclub that Tabetha and I have started.
- Write. Anything. A play, a novel... just write something.
- Exercise. Get in shape. My goal is to lose all the weight I need to in the next 4 months... about 30-40 lbs.
- Have fun. That's right. I'm going to do what I want to do. No more bloody guilt trips.
There's a problem with number three though. It seems that my peak of writing creativity comes when I am thouroughly stressed out with essays. After all that stress is gone, the creativity seems to leave with it. I mean, I think I get dumber during the summer months. It's like my brain decides to take a vacation as well. This, I hope, is where the bookclub will help. Discussions with Tabs always gets me thinking.
So, I'm going to be in Toronto for the entire summer. Tabetha is already going to take advantage of this, but I suggest the gals take advantage of this as well. If you want to come to TO (or you're already in TO and are bored) talk to me! I have several free beds in which you can sleep, and you can explore the cool stuff about TO. I even have a tour guide who knows all the good coffee shops/pubs and interesting places to see in TO. I'm extending a vacation to you. Do take it.
If you live in TO, then hell, we've got to do something. This means you Meaghan and Lacey (drabble, not redhead).
So, here's a question for you folks. What are your goals for the summer? I don't mean work-wise, I don't mean making money, I mean the fun stuff. Let me know!
And there you have it. My last post from North Bay until September. It makes me sad. I like it up here... um, not the town, the people. I'm totally a city girl. So, for those of you who I won't see - have a wonderful summer. For those of you I will see - Can't wait!
Good luck to you all.

3 comments:
My goals for the summer, in no particluar order:
-sleep
-tan
-lose weight
-learn to be a neat freak like the rest of my family
-cut my hair off and dye it funky colours
-New Tattoo: the rose on my hip.
-get the computer reformatted
-read all these books that I've been planning to read.
Well, I know the feeling of not being in the Bay for the summer, possibly. I'm going home to find a job so I don't have to pay rent. I'll be back in Emsdale for at least 2 weeks. So, yeah, I'llmiss you, but I will definitely see you next year at least in SOS stuff. I'm going to run for VP external next year.
-write a graphic novel
-illustrate and print a book of my mom's haiku
-not spend stupid amounts of money
-eat better and be more active
-find a job for september
Post a Comment