Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Film Studies and Surfing

I'm nearly finished my second last week as a student teacher here in the North Island. I can't believe how fast this time has gone by, or how much fun I've actually been having. Although I will miss most aspects of Gisborne there are a few things that I am happy about by heading home to Christchurch. One, I will be doing a week of travelling to get home. I'll see some of the Northern Island and spend a few days in Wellington. I'll get to see and travel with friends whom I haven't seen in almost two months. I'll also be that much closer to returning to Canada for Christmas. I don't think anyone truly appreciates their mundane, boring life of living where all your friends and family are until you have traveled overseas for an extended period of time. I'm talking over six months really. So many things will have changed by the time I get back to Canada, people will have continued on with their lives and, because of lack of contact, I know I'll have a lot of catching up to do.

It's surreal really. Time doesn't freeze once I get on that plane to New Zealand. When I get back, I will have missed three weddings and small aspects of the lives of everyone that I know and care for. My mom has moved again and is no longer in Kingston and other people... well, I don't even know where several of them are anymore!

In other news, I am counting down the hours right now. I may or may not have good news in approximately 3.5 hours. We shall see. If I do, the blog will be the first to know it. OR it might wait until next Monday as well.

I plan on taking a lot of pictures of Gisborne sometime this week/weekend. I will post them up as soon as possible to show you all just how beautiful Gisborne is. This weekend we're heading up the coast to some hot springs, returning to Gisborne for a Kapa Haka competition, heading out to Young Nick's Head for a day of tramping, and hopefully fitting some down time on the beach in there.

Well, I'm off to continue some planning for my Year 12 film unit. I'm analyising the opening and closing scenes witht he girls. Woo hoo...

1 comment:

J.D said...

I'm still in London . . . if that helps.

Now I'm curious who's disappeared. I mean, we even know where Devin is now, and that's a feat. ;)

Come home soon, we miss you.