Friday, July 18, 2008

100!

Yup, my 100th post. It took way too long to get here, but... meh. Whatever. I'm posting now!

Firstly, thank you Tabs for the wonderful comment! It seems I have to approach girls the same way I approach teaching boys... only without the teasing. ;) Unfortuantely I can't run for the hills on this one as it IS my second placement. My Professional Studies tutor says it's a wonderful school. It's also a low decile, which means I probably won't have to worry about girls caught up in labels or something. Hopefully. On another note, they have a HUGE drama program which I am looking forward to experiencing.

Tonight a bunch of people are going out somewhere to 'socialise'. That said, we will also be celebrating birthdays I think, which should be fun. No drinking for me though as I've decided that it's not worth it, it's a waste of money for me, and empty calories. No worries though, apparently we're going to a karaoke bar. Woooo! Last ngith we went for Indian at a really nice place downtown. Though it was expensive, it was also very delicious. Since coming to New Zealand, I have tried so many new foods it's amazing. Note to you all: never eat whitebait. It's kind of... gross.

The miserable weather continues here, although it was nice for my last few days of holidays last week. Shelley and I went to the Ferrymeade Heritage Park, which is one of those "pioneer villiages" that we have back home... only not government funded. They place is becoming dilapitated unfortuantely, but it was still interesting to see. They even had a working "old-time theatre" where we got to watch some old Disney cartoons, Tom and Jerry, and some other films. They had a working tram that we rode around the park for a few minutes, but it ended up breaking down half-way through unfortunately. Overall it was a pretty good day... even though things were slgihtly mismatched when it came to time periods. They had everything from 1860 to 1960. They even had a row of appliances showing the "evolution" of washing machines. Yup. Exciting stuff.

I miss summer. I miss warm weather. I had it for about... two months, and no it's gone. I'm sick of the wet and the cold and the grossness.

My dad sent me cake mix for my birthday. I think I'm going to go make it now.

Lol... wow, I totally lost all the drive I had to write this post. Oh well, more next time!

No comments: