I lost it today. It was probably my lesson plans and I wasn't thinking of the time of day or something but everything went to SHIT. In both of my classes the boys just would not listen or settle down or... well, anything really. With my year 10s I have to create a question sheet just so that they can read and understand their speech project? This is ludicrous! And the Year 9s, who are apparently academic and have behaved so well for the last few weeks, went insane today. They just would not stop talking. At all. What's even harder is that the teacher that they had is now gone and a new one is there. The new one doesn't know the class at all so I have no help witht he management side of things... urgh. I'm a bit... overwhelmed.
It was definitely a down day. There are these days, I know, I've had them before... but... man. Each class is it's own identity and to figure out each class and coordinate lessons around each class... things are just getting ridiculously hard. I want to go back and teach in Ontario where having three classes a day is full-time work. Here, 5 classes a day is not unusual.
Two more weeks of placement and I already am getting homesick for my mom. Maybe I shouldn't stay in New Zealand for two years, maybe I should at least get back to Canada. I mean, Alberta's hiring.
Are all high school students like this? I don't remember things being like this back in Canada... of course, when you're a student, you don't really tend to notice.
2012 End of the Year Writing Wrap Up
13 years ago

1 comment:
*big hugs*
I know it's rough right now, but I also know that you can do this! We all have those down days, and sadly, that was just your day. But fear not. Things will turn around, and it will get easier with time and practice.
Know that I'm rooting for you and sending happy thoughts your way. You are made of awesome and win.
*more hugs*
Post a Comment