Thursday, September 20, 2007

Never in my wildest dreams...

... did I ever think I would end up working in a hair salon. That's right folks, I am an assistant to a hair-stylist and, are your ready? I actually shampoo people's hair. In the sink with the hose and the professional shampoo that smells oh-so-good. Me, who can't even figure out how to manage her own hair with the frizz and that not doing what it's told.

So yeah. I will be working here, along with Blockbuster, for the next several months and already my schedule is exploding. For instance, next week I work 37 hours at Blockbuster, 24 hours at the hair salon, and I'm going to squeeze in a couple of hours of babysitting in there. So 61+ hours in one week is pretty manageable... right?

In other news... well, there really is no other news. I have no life outside of work. I can't even get around to seeing Meaghan because of scheduling. This weekend, however, I get a little bit of a break. I'm going on a fishing trip to the French River for the weekend. THANK GOODNESS!!! Do you know how long it has been since I've had any sort of "vacation"??? Yeah, neither do I! So I am REALLY looking forward to this.

I've realized that I can't stand living in "The Beach". For one thing, it is not "The Beach" which people wasted their money VOTING ON. It's "The Beaches" because there is more than one beach in this bloody community. EVERYTHING around here is so over priced and everyone is the same. I mean it. They all act the same, dress the same, eat the same things. They have the same dogs, the same clothes and the same million-dollar homes. They have the same kids... they have the same lives and it's really freaky. I was asked if I was going to return to "The Beach" to teach. I politely said I didn't know even though I wanted to scream "HELL NO!". People are robots down there. They judge you on how you look or how closely you resemble the mass mentality of a "Beacher". It frightens me to know end. I miss North Bay. I miss crazy weird people that are who they want to be. I miss not having a boss.

I want New Zealand to be here so quickly, I really do, because of how sick I am of working (I know, it's only been 5 months) but then I've met some great people and I don't want NZ to get here too quickly because I'll miss all my family and friends. It's sad because I work so much I have to miss out on these weekends and what not.

Oh well, I should be happy I have two jobs.

I'm going to watch "Black Book" now. It's a movie about a Jewish woman who escapes being put into a concentration camp. Instead, she dyes her hair blonde and infiltrates the Nazis. It looks good, it's a German film, and it's subtitled. I have just enough to time to watch it and get a good night's sleep.

So, what are you all up to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am here, around, I swear! Just kind of....insanely busy lol. I work Tues and Thursday nights. Other than that I am avaliable after 7:30 (my exercise class). I leave for school at 7 am lol every morning, hence why I am in bed around 10ish most nights. Give my cell a call. I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
megs