Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Goings On

Just an update to fill everyone in on what's been going on with me, and why I am rarely online anymore.

First, I have three jobs. I am working 60 hours this week alone at Blockbuster, the LCBO, and babysitting. I mean, tomorrow I'm working a thirteen hour day at the LCBO and Blockbuster combined. The next day I'm babysitting for eight hours, then I have a twelve to three shift at Blockbuster. Yes, thats 3am Friday morning. It's going to be fun apparently.

In other news, I'm worried about my weight but I can't really join a class or something due to lack of time and lack of money. For those people in Toronto, you know how hot it's been here for the past couple of days, so even my running is off limits until the temperature cools down a bit more. I hope it does, and soon, because the past two summers have been ridiculous.

Graduation has come and gone, and it's weird to tell people that yes, I've graduated. I mean, I still feel like I should be in school or something. I know I want to take a class come September, and I'm debating between French and Sign Language. Any suggestions?

I also want to get my G before I leave for New Zealand, but that's going to be difficult seeing as how everyone who has offered to help me practice I only get to see once a week... and this includes my father. Work has taken over my life. And I don't have the time or money to sign up for a driving class.

So, my goal by the time I go to New Zealand is as such:

1. Save $10 000
2. Lose 50 lbs
3. Get my G licence

Is this possible? Any tips, especially on what I can do for fitness/working out?

I'm re-reading my Harry Potter books in preperation for July 21. Are people still joining together to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix in Toronto?

What's going on folks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to do about working out, but I will make inquiries. Of the top of my head, what about a stability ball?

They are pretty cheap, so they won't cut into your budget. Once you get them blown up (which in and of itself can be a trial!), you can sit on it and bounce while you read your Harry Potter or type on the computer. They can give a nice ab workout.

As for getting the G license, do you already have the hours inside the classroom done? If so, all you really need is an hour a week with the instructor. You can even maybe arrange to do it picking you up at the LCBO and then drop you off at Blockbuster.

And what aboit taking advantage of the children you baby sit? Take them to the pool and swim with them, wrestle with them, chase them at the park. It might be insanely hot some days, but chasing kids is still cardio.

Love,
Larkin