Saturday, May 12, 2007

What to do?

I have to admit it: I miss North Bay. I miss the freedom, I miss my friends. It's hard moving back to a city that you haven't truely lived in for over 12 year. You no longer have a base group of people you can call up to hang out with. Megs is a God-send, I am glad she's here. As well, I'm sure to make new friends at the potential jobs a may be working at.

I suddenly have two job interviews: one for Blockbuster and one for Coles. The Blockbuster interview is a group one tomorrow. I have to call Coles in the morning to set up an interview with them. Plus, I work at the LCBO on Sunday. It's a pretty busy weekend... but I had to give up what would have been an awsome weekend for it. It always happens that work gets in the way of my big vacation plans... but hey, a potential job is potential job. It'll get my dad off my back for sure, and I won't feel... useless. Although, I am unsure as to which job would suit me better at this time. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how the interview goes.

Megs and I had an adventure on Wednesday night. We went and saw The Invisibles at Morningside and the 401... and wow. It was a good movie but... some of the serious parts were absolutly hilarious. Megs: "Shit!" hehehe...

Tonight I went and saw Hot Fuzz with my cousin and his friend. Oh my, do I ever love British humour. This movie was fantastic... crazy good, and the cop humour was perfect! I love these guys, it's the same group who did "Sean of the Dead" and also a movie coming out soon called "Run, Fat Boy, Run". Lol... we were going to see Spiderman, but decided against it as the ratings have been terrible. I still wish to see it at some point though.

Currently I am reading "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb an I have yet to get fully interested in it. Well, I said the same thing about Jane Austen, so I'll give it a chance. It's... I don't know. It's really very weird and awkward.

I need to get myself into a routine of sorts, honestly. I've accomplished the going to bed earlier, waking up earlier thing, and now I need to get back into running. I've lost 8 lbs. since being back which is great for just changing my eating habits and getting outside more. I must get back into jogging though, it'll make me breathe easier.

And that's about it. I haven't disappeared, I just haven't been online as much lately. Or, MSN actually. I usually check Facebook about once a day if anyone wants to get in touch with me... but I swear, nothing pressing is really happening, I'm just trying to get a routine that doesn't involve sitting at the computer for most of the day, like I was in NB.

Happy Mother's Day weekend everyone!

And to House 24:

Have a kick-ass weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

call me, leave a message with a phone number i can reach you at, i need to talk to you!

Ginny said...

Who are you?

Megs???