Sunday, January 14, 2007

Aches and pains

I've got strep throat. So, if you don't want to get sick, please don't come to Larkin and I's apartment. Consider this your first and final warning. I take no responsibility for any sickness that may occur after stepping foot into our apartment. None. Zilch. Nada.

You've been warned.

I've been playing the new Zelda: Twighlight Princee for Gamecube the past couple of days. When it first came out, I saw a review that said it was on par with Ocarina of Time, but does not surpass it. So far, I must disagree with this reviewer. I have yet to get even a quarter way through the game and already I have encountered gameplay that is ingenous for the Zelda series. The graphics are superb, and control is wonderful (except when trying to target with arrows while riding Epona, the view keeps switching and throws the shot off completly). I'm actually kind of glad that I'm missing Phantom of the Opera so that I could play this game. Does that make me a geek? Yes, but really... who isn't a geek?

I went out for dinner with Tabetha on Friday to catch up. She's really busy with her Bachelor of Education right now so I was glad to have a chance to see her before things get too swamped. It was a great night... we feasted like kings... and spent way too much money. The food was good, and the conversation was wonderful. We connected on some thoughts we've both been having of late, and found out that we are quite on the same page. Tabetha is one of those life-long friends that, despite not talking in a month (or even in a couple years), will always be a great friend none-the-less. It's good to have people like that in your life.

School is wonderful this semester. I'm trying to make the best of it as it will be my last for my undergrad. Fine by me... I'll just miss the books. I've found a way around this though... when I get back to Toronto, nothing is going to stop me from checking out the course guide and then the booklists. I can self-teach. It'll be fun.

I'm also going to attempt to learn French. We'll see how that goes.

The big stress right now is worrying about getting a job once I'm back in Toronto. I have part-time guaranteed... but I need something full time, and for more than just four months. Here's hoping that an English degree will get me somewhere.

Now, I'm going to go to bed and hope this headache will fade away quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, well, Sarah. You can always attend Phantom with us here at SOS. lol!

Ginny said...

Thanks Curtis... but the SOS Phantom is the one I'm missing for the game! I'm had enough money for one, but not both. So there you go. :)