This has turned out to be quite the exciting year in terms of assignments for classes. My favourite assignment right now would have to be my long paper for 20th Century Literature. Sure, sure, it sounds boring, but the assigment is something quite different than writing an essay: I get to write a short play... wait for it... a la STOPPARD.
That's right, somehow I get the task of fitting a research paper into a short play, and have the job of presenting it to the class as well. I'm so excited. The task now is to sift through all my ideas and get to the heart of what I want this play to be.
This leads me to the Creative Writing course that I'm taking. At first I was intimidated, as I mentioned in an earlier post, but a comment made by Prof. Stokes last Tuesday changed my mind. He told me that I would "Go far" in this course. So, maybe I shouldn't be so self-concious about my writing after all.
On another writing note, I won a review writing contest online. The prize is a t-shirt, but still... this will be my first piece of writing to be officially published. Oh, and the t-shirt is a Jarhead t-shirt, so that's always cool too.
On to other things, another assignment I got for a history course is reading 2 literature novels and then writing a 2000 words history essay on them. Does this make sense to anyone? How do you write a history paper about fictitious novels?
Anyways, I'm looking forward to Sunday. It's a House 24 reunion! For those who don't know, I lived with a wonderful bunch of people in my first two years of university. There were six of us in total. Well, five of us are getting together for breakfast on Sunday morning. I haven't seen these guys in a group since... Krista and Steve's wedding, almost two years ago. Scary, eh? Well, we're going out for breakfast, and already Ian has threatened to throw me into a snowbank. Just like ol' times...
And now, to reading and to bed. There's a long day tomorrow that consists of:
OPP Meetings
NUSU Debates
Rehearsals
Tech meetings
Homework
Oh yeah, this will be fun.
Nighty night!
2012 End of the Year Writing Wrap Up
13 years ago

2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you started posting here again!
Don't worry about Stokes. I know that he's right, and that you will go far in his class... A big thing for him, though, is throwing caution to the wind and writing someting with real meaning. Focus on Style later.
Rehersal went swimmingly. Kyle Marsh showed up, and he really liked the show!
And, for the record, I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't mention the other exciting event on Sunday... Magic and Gaming! Woot! See you then!
Love and snuggles:
-Sparky
This is in no way related to this entry, but is rather a response to what you poted in my journal:
Mmmmmm.....Cake. :D
Post a Comment