Tuesday, February 08, 2005

WTF Mate

Okay, here's the deal: Today has been one of the worst days of my life.

In the span of 24 hours, I have stressed over assignments, stressed over going home for reading week, stressed over my dad, and now today... I've been accused of plagarism on one of my papers.

That's right. Apparently I copied the ideas from Sparknotes, and wrote my English essay on that. What the hell. Prof. Lucas knows I wouldn't cheat, but apparently mine, along with nine other students in the class had similar essays and all were verbatim of the Sparksnotes ideas. I didn't get my ideas from Sparksnotes, and even if I did... how the hell can you copyright an idea???

The whole thing has gotten me so frustrated, and worried, and upset because... I plagerised without knowing I did. Yes, I know what plagerising is! Yes, I know what it entales, but I honestly had no clue my paper was plagerism. I looked it over this afternoon... I'm sorry, but I saw nothing. Fuck.

My mom said to not worry about it, that I wasn't getting in trouble so it's not a big deal. The thing is, this is a big deal. I feel horrible about it, about something I didn't even know I had done. Grr...

So, out of the ten people in the class who did this? I was was the only one who didn't get their paper back. Whatever. I wish she would just give me the damn thing back so I can see where I went wrong. She hasn't even graded it yet. This is so stupid. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. This is retarted.

Anyways, I'm going to go take a shower and relax for the night. Hopefully that'll help somewhat.

No comments: