I have two projects due before Thursday: one is a simple critical review that is 1-2 pages in length. The other is a 8-10 page essay that I've decided will about the comparison of swing music to rap. The Andrew Sisters compared to Eminem. I love Popular Song Lyrics class.
I had a few happy surprises today. The first was in Children's Literature class. The exam seems a bit more than I thought it would be in difficulty. I was also a bit stressed about getting my paper back. It's worth 25% of our final mark and... I didn't think I did a good job on it at all. I had the thesis, but the argument I felt could have used work in some areas. I thought I could have been less general in other places. I expected a 70%, which would have lowered my grade in the class significantly.
At the end of the class, Prof. Dunn was handing out the papers and it turned out she didn't get all of them marked. No biggy really, she said she'd have them by Wednesday. She said this, paused, but then said that she actually had Perry's and mine marked. Ooh boy. So I got my paper back and checked the mark to see the damage.
83%. Highest essay mark I've recieved in university. I was so happy, I hugged Dunn. She totally made my day!
Anyways, next it was off to Theatre Class for set break down, and the watching of the video of Bear Clause, the play we put on last weekend as part of our exam. I have to tell you, this play went off well, and many people enjoyed it. It's funny, because some of the people who we had asked for interviews and had refused, wished they HAD done the interviews so that their side could be shown in the play. Audience members included MPs, activists, biologists, MNR employees... everyone from all saides of the debate. They all thought it was very well rounded, and showed the facts nicely.
Anyways, enough rambling. My point is this. The theatre exam... Prof. Carley changed it for us. He made it a take home exam. Not only that, but he's given us three options for the exam... one of which is writing a play. I am definately choosing that one. We get to write it, bring it to the exam time, sign in to the exam, hand in our papers, and then leave. How awsome is that?
On top of that, we had journals due. He told us we worked so hard on the play, to not worry about them. Today was a good day regarding school. Plus, the essay boosted my confidence so that I can write my last paper of my undergrad career without hesitation.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to April being my wind-down month. I'm going to Kingston for most of it, as well as having a few farewell parties/D&D games. It looks to be a good month, aside from the exams.
On another note, a group of us - the BA group - went and saw Cassandra yesterday. It was a lot of fun, but I also think the trip woke us up to the reality of Cassandra's accident. It's one thing to know of something happening. It's another to see it right in front of you. Cassandra amazes me though. Her spirits were up, she was her usually boistrous self, bedridden mind you. We laughed a lot, shared stories, laughed some more, poked fun at each other. It was a rewarding time. And Cassandra? You inspire me so much. Your strength, your courage, your sense of self. I truly admire you and only hope to be as half as strong as you are. You're just awsome.
And now, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is my massive homework day.
2012 End of the Year Writing Wrap Up
13 years ago

1 comment:
Cass is sheer awesomeness. I <3 her.
Post a Comment